Limited Warranty, Spiri Mu
FOR CONSUMERS WHO ARE COVERED BY CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS OR REGULATIONS IN THEIR COUNTRY OF PURCHASE OR, IF DIFFERENT, THEIR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE, THE BENEFITS CONFERRED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY ARE IN ADDITION TO ALL RIGHTS AND REMEDIES CONVEYED BY SUCH CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
Covered Persons and Entities
This Limited Warranty extends only to the first consumer purchaser of the Spiri Mu, and is not transferable.
Scope of Warranty Coverage
Spiri Robotics or its related corporations' (the "Spiri Corporations") warranty obligations are limited to the terms and conditions set forth herein. Subject to the exclusions contained below, the Spiri Corporations warrant this Spiri Mu, and any in-box accessories which accompany such Spiri Mu (the "Product") against defects in materials and workmanship, under normal consumer use, for a period of two (2) years from the date of retail purchase by the original end-user purchaser, or the period of time required by the laws of the country where the Product is purchased, whichever is longer (“Warranty Period”).
Repairs made under this Limited Warranty are covered for the balance of the original Warranty Period, or 90 days from the date of service, whichever is longer. Any upgrade to the original product will be covered only for the duration of the original Warranty Period.
This Limited Warranty is only available in the country where the Product was purchased. Spiri Corporations may provide service outside the country of purchase, to the extent that it is possible and under the terms and conditions of the country of purchase.
This Limited Warranty applies only to new Products which are (a) manufactured by or for the Spiri Corporations as identified by the "Spiri" trademark, trade name, or logo legally affixed to them; (b) purchased by consumers from an authorized reseller or distributor of Spiri Corporations Products; and (c) accompanied by this written Limited Warranty.
If a covered defect or damage arises and a valid warranty claim is received within the applicable Warranty Period, Spiri Corporations, at its sole option, unless otherwise required by applicable law, will either (1) repair, at no charge, the defect or damage using new, used or reconditioned/refurbished functionally equivalent replacement parts; or (2) exchange the Product with a replacement Product that is new or which has been reconditioned/refurbished or otherwise remanufactured from new or used parts and is functionally equivalent to the original Product; or (3) refund the purchase price of any Products covered by the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty.
Products, parts and supporting documentation provided to Spiri Corporations as part of the warranty process, shall become the property of Spiri Corporations, and may not be returned. When a replacement or refund is given, the Product for which the replacement or refund is provided must be returned to Spiri Corporations and shall become the property of Spiri Corporations.
- Consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings designed to diminish over time unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship.
- Cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents, cracks or other cosmetic damage.
- Damage caused by use with non-Spiri Corporations products. Defects or damage that result from the use of non-Spiri Corporations branded or certified Products, accessories or other peripheral equipment, including without limitation housings, parts, or software, are excluded from coverage.
- Damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external causes; including but not limited to: (a) improper usage or operation (e.g. operating the Product outside their permitted or intended uses as defined by Spiri Corporations, including but not limited to as set forth by Spiri Corporations in the Products' User Manual, and other documentation), improper storage (e.g. subjecting the Product to extreme temperatures), abuse or neglect (e.g. broken/bent/missing clips/fasteners/connectors); impact damage (e.g. dropping the Product), (b) contact with liquids, water, rain, extreme humidity, heavy perspiration or other moisture; sand, food, dirt or similar substances (except for Products sold as resistant to such substances, but only to the extent the damage was not caused by incorrectly securing the Product's protective elements or subjecting the Product to conditions beyond its stated specifications or limits); or (c) external causes or acts which are not the fault of Spiri Corporations, including but not limited to flood, fire, earthquake, tornado or other acts of God, are excluded from coverage.
- Unauthorized Service or Modification. Defects or damage resulting from service, testing, adjustment, installation, maintenance, alteration, or modification in any way, including but not limited to tampering with or altering the software, by someone other than Spiri Corporations, or its authorized service providers, are excluded from coverage.
- A product or part that has been modified in any manner without the written permission of Spiri Corporations. Products that have been altered in any manner so as to prevent Spiri Corporations from determining whether such Products are covered under the terms of this Limited Warranty are excluded from coverage. The forgoing shall include but not be limited to (a) serial numbers, date tags or other manufacturer coding that has been removed, altered or obliterated; (b) mismatched or duplicated serial numbers; or (c) broken seals or other evidence of tampering. Do not open the Product or attempt to repair the Product yourself; such conduct may cause damage that is not covered by this warranty.
- Normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the product.
- Defects, damages, or the failure of the Product due to any communication service or network you subscribe to or use with the Products.
- All software, including operating system software, third-party software, applications, and all other software of any kind. Software distributed by Spiri Corporations is provided "as is" and "as available," "with all faults," and without a warranty of any kind. The Limited Warranty does not apply to any non Spiri Corporations product or any software, even if packaged or sold with the Spiri Corporations hardware, unless otherwise required by applicable local law.
- Products that have been refurbished, reconditioned, or remanufactured, except for Products repaired or replaced pursuant to the terms of this Limited Warranty.
If damage is outside the scope of warranty coverage, repair services may be available, but all costs associated with such out of warranty repair will be your responsibility.
Other Warranty Limitations
- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THIS LIMITED WARRANTY AND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN REPRESENTATIONS MADE BY PLEIADES OR ANY SELLER, RESELLER OR DISTRIBUTOR OF THE PRODUCTS, INCLUDING EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS THEREOF, SHALL CREATE ANY ADDITIONAL WARRANTY OBLIGATIONS, INCREASE THE SCOPE, OR OTHERWISE MODIFY IN ANY MANNER THE TERMS OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SPIRI CORPORATIONS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT AND ALL WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS. WHERE SUCH STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES CANNOT LAWFULLY BE DISCLAIMED, THEN TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THE EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY CONTAINED HEREIN AND THE REMEDIES OF REPAIR, REPLACEMENT, OR REFUND AS DETERMINED BY SPIRI CORPORATIONS IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION SHALL BE THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER.
- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SPIRI CORPORATIONS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE OPERATION OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SOFTWARE COVERED UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, WORK IN COMBINATION WITH ANY HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS OR THIRD PARTY SERVICES, BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, OR WITHOUT RISK TO, OR LOSS OF, ANY INFORMATION, DATA, SOFTWARE OR APPLICATIONS CONTAINED THEREIN, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCTS OR SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL SPIRI CORPORATIONS BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR UNDER OTHER LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), FOR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCTS, OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS; LOSS OF BUSINESS; BUSINESS INTERRUPTION; LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY; LOSS OF GOODWILL; LOSS OF REPUTATION; LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO, OR CORRUPTION OF INFORMATION, DATA, SOFTWARE OR APPLICATIONS (INCLUDING ANY COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH RECOVERING, PROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY INFORMATION, DATA, SOFTWARE OR APPLICATIONS STORED ON OR USED WITH SPIRI CORPORATIONS PRODUCTS, OR ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF ANY INFORMATION OR DATA STORED ON THE PRODUCTS); OR OTHER FINANCIAL LOSS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ABILITY OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCTS.
- SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION ON THE LENGTH OF AN IMPLIED WARRANTY, OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURIES CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE OR JURISDICTION.
- DATA BACKUP: ALL INFORMATION, DATA, SOFTWARE OR OTHER APPLICATIONS WILL BE ERASED DURING THE REPAIR PROCESS, AND CAN NOT BE REINSTALLED BY SPIRI CORPORATIONS. TO AVOID LOSING SUCH INFORMATION, DATA, SOFTWARE OR OTHER APPLICATIONS PLEASE CREATE A BACK UP BEFORE YOU DELIVER YOUR PRODUCT FOR WARRANTY SERVICE, REMOVE ANY CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY OR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DISABLE ANY SECURITY PASSWORDS. YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR REINSTALLING ALL SUCH INFORMATION, DATA, SOFTWARE, OTHER APPLICATIONS AND PASSWORDS. SPIRI CORPORATIONS AND/OR ITS AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTERS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LOSS OR MISUSE OF ANY DATA, FILES, CONTENT, APPLICATIONS AND PROGRAMS WHEN THE PRODUCT IS DELIVERED FOR WARRANTY SERVICE. YOUR PRODUCT OR A REPLACEMENT PRODUCT WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU AS YOUR PRODUCT WAS CONFIGURED WHEN ORIGINALLY PURCHASED, SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE SOFTWARE UPDATES. SPIRI CORPORATIONS MAY INSTALL OPERATING SYSTEM SOFTWARE UPDATES AS PART OF WARRANTY SERVICE THAT MAY PREVENT THE PRODUCT FROM REVERTING TO AN EARLIER VERSION OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM SOFTWARE. THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS INSTALLED ON THE PRODUCT MAY NOT BE COMPATIBLE OR WORK WITH THE PRODUCT AS A RESULT OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM SOFTWARE UPDATE. SPIRI CORPORATIONS AND ITS AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTERS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LOSS OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, SUCH INFORMATION, DATA, SOFTWARE OR OTHER APPLICATIONS.
Instructions on Obtaining Warranty Service and Other Information
- Please access and review the online Resources section of Spiri Corporations' consumer website prior to requesting warranty service.
- If the Product is still not functioning properly after making use of this resource, please contact the Warrantor listed at the Spiri Corporations website or the contact information for the corresponding location.
- A representative of Spiri Corporations, or other Spiri Corporations authorized representative, will help determine whether your Product requires service. You may be required to download, or otherwise obtain and accept software updates from Spiri Corporations or a Spiri Corporations authorized representative. You are responsible for any applicable carrier service fees incurred while obtaining the required downloads. Complying with the warranty process, repair instructions and accepting such software updates is required in order to receive additional warranty support.
- If the software update does not fix the problem, you will receive instructions on how to ship the Product to Spiri Corporations or other Spiri Corporations authorized representative.
- To obtain service, as permitted by applicable law, you are required to include: (1) a copy of your receipt, bill of sale or other comparable proof of purchase; (2) a written description of the problem; and (3) your address and telephone number. In the event the Product is not covered by this Warranty, Spiri Corporations will inform the you of the availability, price and other conditions applicable to the repair of the Product.
To obtain service or other information, please access and review the online Resources section of Spiri Corporations' website at https://pleiadesrobotics.com/resources/.